Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Big Body, teeny pixels?





This is my newly unearthed dinosaur -- the Nikon E2N.
It's big.
It's really big...
It's like holy cow big...
It's like nearly-the-size-of-my-head big... If you tied it to me and threw me in the lake, I would drown in minutes... If someone breaks into my house, I'm not going for the baseball bat -- I'm grabbing the E2N. It's like trying to shoot with a bowling ball. It's a camera built for Hulk Hogan.
Or Godzilla...

The only drawback? The big fella's only got 1.3 Megapixels.:( Ha. Rachel's cell phone has more.

The memory card is a Flash ATA card (with a whopping 15MB). The card itself is the size of an iPod. I put a Tokina manual lens with Nikon mount on it, which worked, but I can't get the battery to stay charged long enough to take more than ten pictures at a time. At some point, I'll post some. If I can take any decent ones. Check out more massiveness: http://www.nikonweb.com/e2n/



By the way, these shots were taken with my Canon 40D. With significantly more megapixels.

-Jon

0 comments: